Free Tax Prep at Flatbush Reformed Church
Wednesday, January 18th, 2012
If your income is $25,000 or less as a single, or $50,000 or less as a family, and you have less than $3,150 in interest, dividends and/or capital gains, you qualify for free tax preparation from Community Tax Aid. Community Board 14 helpfully notes that CTA will be available at the Flatbush Reformed Church on several upcoming Saturdays to help those who qualify prepare their tax returns. No appointments necessary, just walk in and bring:
• Copy of last year’s tax return (or the last tax return you filed).
• All W-2 and/or 1099 formsand any other income information including Social Security and SSI.
• Forms or notices received from the Internal Revenue Service or the New York State Department of Taxation.
• Social Security cards (or ITINs) for yourself and all household members.
• Bank account number and routing number for directdeposit of any refund.
• Amount of Real Estate Taxes paid, if any.
• For post secondary students: a copy of your 1098-T and a bursar’s listing showing amounts paid and by whom. Especially important: the amount paid through loans paid to the school directly and which you need to repay.
Tax prep will be available on the following Saturdays from 10am-2pm: February 11, 18, 25; March 3, 10, 24, 31; April 7 & 14.